Hollie first tried Javelin when she attended a Star Track Athletics course during her summer holiday. She made her Paralympic debut in Beijing, aged just 14 years old.
- F46 Javelin
- Home Town:
- Hengoed, Glamorgan
- University of Wales Institute, Cardiff
- Date Of Birth:
- 26th June 1994
- Games Attended:
- London 12, Beijing 08
Making her second games appearance at London 2012, Hollie produced a personal best of 36.27m with her final throw to secure a 5th place finish, an improvement on her 11th place ranking in Beijing.
"I'm still very young. I've still got Rio ahead of me, that's going to be my time."Hollie Arnold
Among her greatest achievements to date is her bronze medal-winning performance in the F46 Javelin at the 2011 IPC Athletics World Championships in Christchurch, New Zealand. She has also competed in Discus and Shot Put at Junior World Level.
In 2011, she was awarded a BTEC in Level 1 Sport in 2011 from Ystrad Manach College.
Hollie was born with the lower part of her arm missing.
- 2012 London Paralympic Games
- F46 Javelin: 5th
- 2008 Beijing Paralympic Games
- F42-46 Javelin: 11th
- 2012 IPC Athletics European Championships, Stadskanaal, Holland
- F46 javelin: silver
- 2011 IWAS World Junior Championships, Dubai, UAE
- F46 Javelin: gold
- 2011 IPC Athletics World Championships, Christchurch, New Zealand
- F46 Javelin: bronze
- 2010 IWAS World Junior Championships, Olomouc, Czech Republic
- F46 Javelin: silver
- 2009 IWAS World Junior Championships, Nottwil, Switzerland
F46 Discus: silver
F46 Javelin: bronze